7.RP.A.2 Recognize and represent proportional relationships between quantities.
7.RP.A.2a Decide whether two quantities are in a proportional relationship, e.g., by testing for equivalent ratios in a table or graphing on a coordinate plane and observing whether the graph is a straight line through the origin.
7.RP.A.2b Identify the constant of proportionality (unit rate) in tables, graphs, equations, diagrams, and verbal descriptions of proportional relationships.
7.RP.A.3 Use proportional relationships to solve multistep ratio and percent problems.
Goals for this Unit:
Similar Figures Understand what it means for figures to be similar
- Identify similar figures by comparing corresponding sides and angles
- Use scale factors and ratios to describe relationships among the side lengths, perimeters, and areas of similar figures
- Use algebraic rules to produce similar figures
- Recognize when a rule shrinks or enlarges a figure
Reasoning With Similar Figures Develop strategies for using similar figures to solve problems
- Predict the ways that stretching or shrinking a figure will affect side lengths, angle measures, perimeters, and areas
- Use scale factors or ratios to find missing side lengths in a pair of similar figures